2 posters

Meditation (Arashi/Shuya)

YaBoyArashi

Meditation (Arashi/Shuya) Empty Meditation (Arashi/Shuya)

Post by YaBoyArashi Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:58 pm

It was another fine day in Soul Society. Arashi sat cross-legged atop That One Rooftop and took a sip of the alcohol before letting out a satisfied sigh. That hit the stuff right there, nice and dry with a crisp fruity finish. The Captain of the 5th's cheeks were already a little flushed as he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and tried to soak in the ambiance. This specific roof - which he'd dubbed "That One Rooftop" - was where a large number of mostly low-to-middle-level Shinigami with tragic backstories and/or brooding personalities.

That was all well and good, but Arashi was here today to "try and solve a mystery" (really he was shirking his paperwork 'cuz paperwork was bogus) of why whenever those types visited here and brooded before needing to overcome a major obstacle, they'd wax poetic about something then always randomly find their resolve or whatever and get a lot stronger. Ridiculous. Arashi had cut kids like that down all the same by the dozens. Needless to say, his youthful days where quite the gnarly adventure. "Yeaaaah... I don't get it." Arashi sighed as he opened his eyes and stretched. "It's just a fucking roof, my dudes." Letting out a snort, Arashi took note of the low levels of booze in his cup and quickly finished it off before pouring himself another.
    Heatwave
    Heatwave

Meditation (Arashi/Shuya) Empty Re: Meditation (Arashi/Shuya)

Post by Heatwave Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:07 pm

Shuya stumbled across a stranger to That One Rooftop.

He expected that he would be here alone, but he wasn't. Instead, he was to be surprised by the presence of the captain of the 5th, a type that, by Shuya's previous estimation, was far too much of an energetic go-getter to squander his time alone here.

And indeed, his grumbles confirmed that. A small smirk decorated the shorter captain's face as he took a seat beside Arashi. "It's a good roof, what did you expect, Captain Kenpachi?" He remarked. He reached into his robes and retrieved a pack of cigarettes, lighting one and sitting back, looking up at the sky. The habit was, unfortunately, directly attributable to his old captain who no doubt would have smacked him if he ever caught him doing it.

The sky looked the same as it always did. Something about that consistency brought Shuya a small modicum of peace.

"What are you doing here, anyway? I didn't take you to be the brooding type." He looked over at Arashi with a playful smile.

Post by YaBoyArashi Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:54 pm

Arashi crossed his arms and hummed in thought from the newcomer's question. The fact he hadn't noticed the man's approach wasn't surprising in the slightest, the Captain of the 2nd Squad wouldn't have made it as far as he had were his skills in concealment any lesser. "Right again my dude, I didn't come here to commune with 'the darkness in my soul' or whatever it is the kids these days are saying." Humming thoughtfully, Arashi took another sip of booze as the familiar scent of tobacco smoke wafted under his nostrils.

"The short answer is I'm pushing all the bogus paperwork on my subordinates while I have a drink." Arashi moved to refill his cup before pausing and producing a second and setting it in front of Captain Kitakaze with an amused grin. "Though, I found myself wondering... Why THIS rooftop in particular? Like," Arashi paused for a moment and gestured with a sweeping motion of his arm at the rest of The Gotei which surrounded them. "It's not at all isolated, or in a dark corner, or anything traditionally edgy. But those types come here all the time anyway, all while magically seeming to just miss each other. How mysterious." Arashi finished his thought while nodding sagely to himself. "So, what's been going on in the wider Gotei? Any hilarious political asspullery I haven't heard about yet?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:48 pm